Helical wormgear unit available in six unit sizes up to 58 hp capacity. Gear unit ratio range up to 300:1 and up to 22000:1 if combined with other Renold helical gear products.
- Variable mounting - design flexibility
- High torque unit - compact design
- Robust construction - suitable for heavy duty applications
- Adaptability - ideal for hostile environments
- Innovative design - allows modular extension of power ratio range
- Motorised and speed reducer versions
- Long life synthetic lubrication
- Hollow output shaft design for direct shaft mounting
- Single and double extension plug-in output shaft for many design options
- Speed reducer version available for drives requiring free standing gear unit only
- Modular design to allow flange mounting of other Renold gear units increasing ratio and torque capacity range
PM series - PH type - Product Features
- Unique Holroyd tooth form for maximum torque capacity and optimum efficiency.
- Sprag clutch backstop option to prevent drive reversal.
- Heavy duty taper roller bearings fitted for maximum load capacity and long life.
- One piece close grained cast iron gear case for strength and absorption of vibration for quiet running.
- Accepts standard IEC and NEMA motors, B5 and B14 flanges.
- Hardened and profile ground helical gears for quiet running and high efficiency.
- Hollow output sleeve with electron beam welded bronze wormwheel rim for high security under shock load conditions.
The PM series, PH type unit has been designed and built to a modular form to allow the combination of other Renold products to extend the torque, ratio and speed range.
Please click on the icons below to download the catalogues or for further information: